Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spanish Fork Resevour

Last week we went down to Holly's and loaded up my car.  We had a raft, innertubes, cooler and bags of food, blankets and chairs, and a car load of 7 crazy kids.  We looked like a summer camp.  It was fun though.  We went to spanish Fork resevour.  No, shade.  But clean, cold water.  We had a great time.  The kids played like crazy with sand toys and floaties.  Then ate some lunch.  Holly's kids thought you had to have a can of soda to sit on the big inner tube.  And they would be like, "Hey, Jackie looks like a real summer kid."  We got a laugh out of that.  At one point HOlly and I left all the kids on shore.  We took the tube out holding hands/arms acrossed it to keep us both afloat.  We were laughing like crazy.  I think people thought we were drunk or something.  We couldn't stop laughing about nothing.  But of course Jackson was screaming on shore, so we had to go back in after 2 mins.  The sand was very painful.  Hot, and like little knives.  I had a very hard time walking around.  Its wasn't sand, but fine gravel.  We were there for about 4 hrs.  I managed to go through an entire bottle of sunscreen plus some.  (REmember no shade.)  So I walked away with one maybe two little striped burns.  Holly sadly had some crazy burns.  And her kids had some too.  So I gave her a hard time for making fun of how crazy I was getting with the sunscreen.  But I had a crazy layer of goo on me when it was time to shower.  I had to use some body scrub once home to really get everything off.
Yesterday we went to a park that we have discovered we really like.  So we have been there a few times.  Its big, the people there are descent, and there is a lot to do that keeps my kids entertained.  So we hungout there last night for about an hour, and then went to our friends Snow Cone shack and got the kids their first snow cones.  It was a nice evening.
Craig was finally able to get ahold of someone yesterday about his Seminary.  They are working on getting him an office and some keys to the building.  There are 15 classrooms in this building.  Which is huge!  The school is huge too.  The people made it sound like the kids there were horrible and that is why Craig was sent there.  Its to challenge him because they thought he was pretty special.  Well lets hope that is a good sign (For getting hired next year).  But Craig is not worried.
I have included some pictures of Craig's rafting trip from a week ago.  He had a nice time.  But they had a new guide.  They missed their landing area for the night.  So had to walk their raft back up the river to camp.  They missed most of dinner.  Hardly any left.  And there were no sleeping bags for them, and the tent was too small for Craig.  So they slept on the shore.  He said it got pretty cold.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a slideshow design

No comments: