Thursday, December 3, 2009

What a day

Well I am going to try and sum up the other evening. Holly you already know seeing as I had to call her because I was so frustrated and angry I needed to tell someone, and the conversation couldn’t last too long as I had to get back to work, and well Holly was sick so that worked out for me. Poor thing, I was complaining and she was sick. Anyhow.
So I spent the morning fixing up my sewing machine and sewing some pants for Craig. He wanted them hemmed up that morning so he could wear them to work. They were more of a designer type of pants. Black with some stitching stuff on the pockets. Something new and fun. Plus he had a new shirt too. So instead of making Oreo Balls that morning for Enrichment, I did sewing. Then some other stuff that needed to be done on the machine as well. So it was good. In the afternoon I pick up Jaden late at school and head over to my crossing. (I am currently doing this everyday, now that Craig works days). Lexis naturally cries the entire time. So I am already frustrated. I start making Oreo balls. Right when my hands are in all the goop. Lexis and Jackson dump out their water bottles all over the counter and start splashing. So I have to stop and clean. Then I am melting chocolate and it burns. So I try again and the kids keep asking for marshmallows. So I say yes, just get out of here. Next thing I know Jackson has eaten one and it doesn’t seem to agree because he spits it out and then starts throwing up in the living room. So I have to stop and clean him up. Clean the carpet while he is trying to touch it, even after the cleaner is on it, he wants to lick the cleaner. (Granted more chocolate has burned at this point.)So as I come out of the bathroom rubbing his shoes off, into the kitchen and there is Jackson licking 3 more chunks of the almond bar chocolate. ARgh. So Holly suggested I just saw that off. Which I did. Finally get the chocolate melted. I am so feed up by this point that I simply just pour the chocolate over the Oreo balls and then start to melt the Vanilla flavor right in with chocolate flavor. Doesn’t look too pretty. Oh- well, they were done. And off to the Cookie Exchange activity. This was nice. The kids had a great time in the nursery. Jackson ran after me, but with some team work the Teenage girls were able to pry him away from me and into the nursery.

Since Thanksgiving Break Jaden has been crazy about wanting to go to school. He was so excited to get back. I think He finally realized his life at home is very boring. They have been working with magnets. Craig said this morning that is all he kept talking about and wanted to know when he was going to school. I had to do some paperwork for the merging of 2 police departments for my crossing. It took longer than I thought. I got stuck in line behind some old men and they were complaining about all the paper work. So Craig took the kids over to Costco and I met him at work.
Tonight we decorate for the ward party. Tomorrow is the party. The weather has turned very cold. It was 17 degrees this morning when I was crossing with a light wind. This made it hard to breath sometimes.
Lexis loved preschool, as usual. She was so excited to learn about monkey’s jumping on the bed. It was very cute.

2 comments:

grandma palmer said...

Mindy your life is one adventure after another or is that crisis? I'm glad you called Holly I'm not sure what advice I would have given. (When we kids got on her nerves mom would tell us that she was tempted to give us back to the Indians.)
I'm so glad to hear that your kids love school. Keep encouraging that attitude. Learning is fun.

EPVCCorier said...

phew I'm worn out just reading about your day. Life with kids is just great isn't it :) I hope tomorrow involves less messes and less puke.