Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy ThanksGiving!!

Well we have been busy, but also not so much. Tuesday we had both kids in school Jackson had a doctors appointment, early dismissals and Jaden had a Thanksgiving Day program and feast which we attended. He was so excited to have Alexis there. They played some games. When it was time to give their presentation he stood in the front yelling, "Lexy! Hey Lexy! I'm right here!" Like we had just arrived and had no clue where he was. AFter the presentation Craig headed home to finish homework for school. So Jackson being a Daddy's Boy started throwing a fit. The classroom was very hot and packed with people. So in trying to get him off the floor and out the door he kicked Lexy in the face. So she was now rolling and screaming on the floor. I eventually got them clamed down. But they kept heading out into the Hallways to scream. Jaden didn't want to leave so we had to wait and wait. After eating some pumpkin pie he decided it would be okay to leave school early. WE must have left too early because he doesn't have his homework folder in his backpack. Or maybe the new term is the one time they don't get homework. Anyway. We left from there and went down to visit Holly. The kids had a good time. It was nice to see them again.

Wednessday was a long day. Craig at work all day until like 7:30 at night is hard because there is no change of pass for the kids. When they fight it makes me not want to interact with them even more. We did get most of the Christmas decorating done, and the children were so eager to help they just unpacked everything. Jackson has already broken about 6 ornaments in 3 days. Oh-well. So when Craig got home from work we went and saw the movie "Old Dogs". It was hillarious. Good clean funny stuff. We could have taken the kids (Jaden really) if we had wanted.

ThanksGiving Dave came and took us to McDonald's for breakfast. The kids were so excited. We then read the paper we got and realized we could get a good deal that day of some of the gifts we were planning on. So we ran off. It made us late for dinner at our Friends but they were nice and waited for us. We had a lovely dinner. I have included pictures of how things were decorated. The real hit was the place settings for the kids. They had name cards which they were excited about and napkin rings which Lexy loved. Jaden was worried for a minute that he didn't have a seat because his name was written in cursive and couldn't recognize the "J".

Craig left before I did I was finishing a movie. So he was getting the kids bathes. Good work. However everyone was bathed and ready for bed by 6:15pm. Yikes. Of course Lexy kept asking to go to bed. So she finally did at 7pm. I miss read the clock at one point and tried to put Jaden and Jackson down at 7:45pm, but that wasn't going well.

Craig went out with me On Black Friday. We had a nice time. We WEnt to Smith's Market place. He was worried that it was going to be packed. We had passed other stores on our way and it was chaos. But the whole parking lot was ours and a few people showed up right before it opened. It was nice. We got what we wanted and didn't have to fight crowds. So we got better deals, but no steals. Except on coats and socks and pillows, things like that.

Yesterday we went and saw the lights at Temple Square. We picked Craig up from work. The kids had a good time. Lexy said, "I never, never, never want to go home. I want to stay here. Never, never!" WE watched the Nativity presentation they do. Lexy heard the Name Jesus Christ. She start jumping up and down and chearing "Yeah, Jesus Christ, I like him!" At another point the spot light was actually shinning on us because we were standing behind the scenes. The music started playing and Lexy says,"I winner, Iwin! I hear music, so I win!" I put my ear muffs on and she looks at me, "Is Music to loud for you?" She was very cute. Jackson just "OOOwh and AAAHhh"ed at everything.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Thanks Giving 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

grandma palmer said...

I loved your blog and pictures. It looks like you all had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I was really interested in seeing Jaden's classroom. Jaden looked really good in his Indian headband. Thanks for sharing the events with us.

Lindsey said...

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving :) That was so fun to see pics of Jaden at school. Looks like a fun classroom. Your kids are growing up so fast!