Thursday, April 16, 2009

Temptation/starvation

Well Yesterday I started my Low-carb diet. I did really good all day long. Spent a ton of money on produce and meat. We went swimming last night. After about a half hour Craig was like, lets go home and make cookies. I thought, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!" But I am trying to let the family live their food lives and not complain. So we stopped at the store on the way home and got some fun chocolate chips. Then everyone made cookies. Craig has finally figured out how to make the perfect cookie. I didn't eat any. Right before Bed I ate one, and then went right to bed. AAhh. I'll do better today
I had a hard time sleeping because I'm having carb withdrawl headaches. My head was throbbing all night. I had to take some medicine to help me get some sleep. I might have to take more this morning.

Lexy is having a hard time going to sleep. And then staying asleep. She got up this morning with Craig and wanted to drinks and food, then cartoons. Finally she came into bed with me and slept.

6 comments:

mom of a super-hero said...

ammon is too little for tee-ball this year. he just started indoor soccer and LOVES it. he was telling me the other day that he needs to be in a volleyball tournament. i'm not sure where he gets these ideas... carb withdrawls sounds pretty bad but i have to hand it to you... i wouldn't have been able to stop with just one cookie!

EPVCCorier said...

Good job on the low carb diet, it's a tough one! Especially when there are cookies to be eaten!

Mandy Jarvis said...

Ok so from what I've learned becoming a personal trainer and group instructor...don't deny yourself anything. MODERATION!!

Lindsey said...

Good for you, I agree with Melanie, I would not have been able to stop with just one cookie :)
Good luck with it all! Are you still running the 5k?

Jennifer said...

Good luck woman! I don't think I could ever do a low carb diet. I'm a carbaholic. I really hope this works out for you!

Daleen said...

good for you! you tryin to show me up this summer? :op I don't know if this will help, but my hubby is losing weight right now also. but this time he didn't cut out anything. he works out every day and just eats less sweets and normal proportions for meals. (he would eat "family size" everything by himself in one sitting.) Another one is my sis-in-law and her hubby are doing the weight watchers diet. they excerise every day (nothing big) and eat meals made from the weight watchers recipes. they've lost tons more weight than my hubby, and quicker too. good luck!! I know you can do it! :o)