Yesterday was a day. Lots of crying and complaining. In the afternoon Craig's nephews Cody and Jacob came over. I spent the afternoon getting ready to go do coupons. Charleen came home early from work and went with the family (excluding me) to the ice rink. Jaden had a great time. They had walkers there that you could use on the ice. Craig says Jaden was all over the place. He even got a free 30min. lesson because only one person showed up for the class they were having. Then they went over to West Fest (carnival) and played a game and had pizza. They came back to the house to get their floaties for swimming. I had just gotten home from 2 of my stores so decided to go with them. We had a great time at the pool. Craig was on the big water slide with Cody and Jacob. I was in the little area with Lexy and Jackson going down the ducky slide. Jaden was around from place to place. He can touch through the whole pool. I went over to tell Charleen to have Craig come back over to the kiddie area so that one of us could watch Lexy and one of us could get Jackson back into the warm water. Lexy came with me so I was carrying Jackson and their two floaties. Charleen was explaining how Craig had learned to go fast on the water slide. I turned around to spot Lexy and the next thing I knew I saw her in the deeper area. Her head was under the water and her arms moving around. She had walked off. She has become so comfortable in the pool. We were thinking of having her take lessons. I dropped the floaties and still holding Jackson (No time to hand him off) ran as fast as I could through the water. We were very blessed that she was right in front of a lifeguard. The lifeguard had noticed her coming into the deeper area. She said that Lexy was kind of swimming sideways and could tell Lexy no longer could touch. So she was already making plans to get in the water. I can't remember if she jumped into the water before I noticed Lexy or after. But the lifeguard did end up saving Lexy. Lexy was coughing and gagging a little. She was pretty shaken-up. We had to go and fill out some paperwork. The lifeguards were amazed that she was only 2 years old. I said well, her Dad is 7ft. 1inch. Once girl says, "I was trying to tell you there was a really tall guy here." They wanted to know how old Jackson was and I told them he just turned one. They were blown away. (side note, Jackson is now just over 26lbs, and Lexy is 40 lbs. )Afterward she just wanted to hold on to me as much as she could. We did finally get her to loosen her grip on me and go down the duckie slide twice. But once she heard it was time to go, she was pretty excited. She never gets excited about leaving the pool.
Grandpa Parry was there as well. So when she saw someone she new she would say, "I fall in waterfall." Then put on a very sad face with her bottom lip out. "I come back next time. I be okay." "I come back wiff Jayen. I be okay." She was very cute. But she knew something scary had just happened to her.
So I am thankful to all lifeguards. I know I go in there and think, "Man its just a bunch of punk Teenagers. But its that Punk Teenager who saved Lexy's life". I had a hard time sleeping last night. Its hard to not wonder what would have happened had I not turned when I did. Or if She was not literally right in front of the lifeguard.
Grandpa Parry was there as well. So when she saw someone she new she would say, "I fall in waterfall." Then put on a very sad face with her bottom lip out. "I come back next time. I be okay." "I come back wiff Jayen. I be okay." She was very cute. But she knew something scary had just happened to her.
So I am thankful to all lifeguards. I know I go in there and think, "Man its just a bunch of punk Teenagers. But its that Punk Teenager who saved Lexy's life". I had a hard time sleeping last night. Its hard to not wonder what would have happened had I not turned when I did. Or if She was not literally right in front of the lifeguard.
4 comments:
That is SO SCARY!
I'm glad she's okay!
oh my gosh, Mindy! I am freaking out too! That is such a fear of mine! Yay for lifeguards! and for the cute little pouty face that they already KNOW works!!
Min,
Im so glad Lexy is okay. What a scary experience for you to witness. Two summers ago we were in Arizona for the summer, there was a little boy that pushed his sister (2 yrs. old) into the deep end. His Mom was at the other end of the pool, the shallow end and was trying to get to her as fast as she could. I ended up running on the outside and jumping in and got her out. She was okay, but had sunk to the bottom, and was pretty shaken up. It was one of the scariest moments and I have never forgot that feeling of just panic. I am just grateful, like you that we had the sense to "look" up at the right moment, and prevent something terrible from happening. Thank goodness for the spirit, and angels that protect our little ones! Hope Lex gets back in the water, she seams like she will bounce back no problem!
How scary is that!!! I'm so glad that she's okay!!! I totally understand about not sleeping well that night--- Is it just a Mom thing to rethink everything and imagine how bad things could have been??? Good for both of you that she got back in the water!! Good thing for tough resilient kids! I'm not excited for when my kids get older.. Rachel (my 3 yr old) is not brave at all but Jenna already makes a beeline for the water :0
Post a Comment