Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 4th, Camping

Here are a couple of shots. Jaden had fallen asleep on the coach. Jackson was climbing and hitting him. Eventually he settled down and just snuggled with Jaden. It was very cute. You can also see his new haircut.





We had a great time camping. We went up on Friday night and stayed until Sunday Morning. Craig had 2 days in a row off. Which almost never happens. We went with our Friends Chris and Maren. They have a little boy named Lucas who just turned 3. Our campsite was right next to the bathrooms and spicet. It had two tent sites, so Craigs Dad came up for one night too. Chris and Maren had a camper they used. They did all the cooking. It was so nice. Maren actually twisted her anchel on Saturday afternoon so then Chris ended up doing most things. I did offer. The kids had a hard time going to sleep. Chris had bought a hammock, so I was able to Rock Jackson to sleep for a nap and bedtime. Jackson loved pushing the Tonka truck and walking out into the road and parking areas. All the men and kis went for a hike on Saturday. They had a good time. You can see in some of the pictures they are barefoot. They had walked in some water. Lexy and Jaden kept taking off their shoes and walking around barefoot. It drove me nuts. Especially becuse Lexy and Lucas had touched something that gave them hives and made them really itchy. Luckily Maren had brought benadrill. However that night Lexy woke up a bunch. She would get out of her sleeping bag and stand in the middle of the tent saying, "I'm cold". Or she would try to chat with Jaden. Jackson, once asleep did wonderfully. Sunday morning Craig, Chris and Jackson went on another hike. So Maren and I got to play some cards. (Ziggity) The kids played at the little creek by our tent for a little while, but then they wanted to watch us play cards. Finally we let them watch a movie in the car. I had done that the night before just to get Lexy to go to sleep. All in all we had a good time.
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: camping July 4th
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

3 comments:

Kate Perkes said...

In the first picture Jadens legs just go on forever! He is getting so tall. What a bunch of cuties. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. You are so brave for going camping. I havn't crossed over yet. We rented some cheap cabins a couple weekends ago, and that was "camping" enough for me! haha I think once Julia is older, I will be much more willing. It is just hard with the dirt, and the mosquitos and the unknown elements with a baby...blahh blah blah.. I sound like such a boob. =) Any ways! It does sound like fun.

The Wi Family said...

I love the picture of your boys cuddling! They are so cute and Jackson looks so much older than my Jenna and I think they are close in age! But I guess they've got height in their genes and we've don't get much from the asian side :) Have a great time camping! We are hopefully going to go on our ward campout the end of this month (the first time ever as a family---how sad is that!)

Tara, T, and Best of all...Mommy said...

wow time flies by!! your kiddos are adorable!!!!!!
http://austinandmommy.blogspot.com