Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Welcome Sierra Bristol Parry!!

I am not posting pictures right now, but have some time in the Hospital and figure I'd better get some information written down before I begin to forget.
Sunday morning, November 20th, about 1:40 in the morning I wake up feeling some pain in my stomach/Uterus area.  As I rubbed it I thought, "Is my water about to break?"  So I went into the bathroom and started to feel something.  Sat down on the toilet and gushed out a bunch of water. I tried to call for Craig becuase the cramping was so painful, but our humidifier was on and you can't hear anything with it.  Especially Craig can't.  So I had to grab a towel and wobble into the hall to call for him.  We were all very suprised.
We got Charleen up, I grabbed the bags I had luckily packed with a few of my things and a lot of Sierra's.  Craig was so excited he ran downstairs and woke up jaden to tell him.  Then he said Jaden could come with us to the Hospital.  I had to remind him that I would be in surgery for about an hour and Jaden would have to sit in a room all alone.  Good point.  Jaden stayed home.  Which ended up a good thing because i really didn't want him to see what was happening next.
Charleen called the hospital to let them know I was on my way.  So I only had to sign a paper as I walked in the door.  they put me in an room and I got changed.  I was groaning a little and felt sick.  I had just gone out to dinner at texas Road house with some friends 4hrs earlier.  I was stuffed,  so they checked me.  I was at a 6.  Okay they said, they could see and feel that babies hair.  They wanted an annistetiologist (?) quick.  They did some swabbing to make sure it was my water that broke and asked some questions.  Now I am in a lot of pain.  they say I can't have anything because it could affect the babies breathing.  I start grabbing the bedrails and breathing with some "AHAHHHHHH" in there.  They are scrambling to get me ready, putting in the Iv and finding the Drug doc.  I yell out" I have to push"  so I did because it was just too painful.  They check me again, and say I am now a plus 2.  "There is no time, take her into the OR right now while we wait for the annistegeologist."  "Don't push, just breath through it." 
They have Craig wait outside the OR while I get a spinal tap.  The doctor decides at this time I can have something for the pain so we can get the Tap in.  so the pain went from a 12 to a 10.  A couple of times in the back, some pain in my right leg and eventually the tap gets delivered.  They let Craig in and they get to work.  I still feel sick from all the food, so I am getting lots of meds for that in my IV.  I finally hear little Sierra Crying.  I love that sound.  It means they made it.
I start having horrible tremors which make my jaw start to hurt.  Craig wanted to know if I was just cold, but its the meds, and the hole having a baby that goes with it.  They can't give me anything until the doctor finishes closing me up.  So it went on for at least 15 mins.  Ugh.

So 3:28 am Sun. Nov. 20th, 2011 we had our little Sierra.  she was 8lbs. 6 oz., 21 inches long, and her head was 33 cm.
she is so cute.  she loves her Mom.  Her brothers and sister love her like crazy.  Lexy wants to spend all her time Holding the baby.  Jackson likes to collect drinks or crackers for her.  He also names things off in the house or hospital room that he knows are for the baby.  he knows now that our baby swing at home is for Baby Sierra, not for his baby (Monkey).  Jaden likes to hold, kiss, and feel her hair and soft skin.
I am still in the Hospital.  Just had a conversation with my doctor saying I hoped I could get out the night of the 23rd, so I would already be home on Thanks Giving instead of going home on thanks giving.
Thanks to all our visitors, and supporters through facebook, text, calls, etc.  Mom came in yesterday to help out, so we all look forward to that.
Love Mindy

2 comments:

Katie Tyler said...

yeah!!! Can't wait for pictures! congratulations :)

*Tiffany and Jarrod* said...

Sierra is beautiful and i love her!She is a sweetheart. I am happy that we got to stop by for a short visit to meet her. Let me know if we can help you out in any way. Hopefully you do get out tomorrow and can be home to celebrate thanksgiving!!!