Monday, January 10, 2011

Locked in, and Locked out.

Well, we are having a locking problem, or at least I am.  The other day after picking Jaden up from school I stopped by a store really quick to see if they had something.  Jaden didn't want to come in because he doesn't like people to see him in his School Uniform.  So I looked him into the car.  I came back out unlocked my door and went home.  He was taking a while to get out of the car to come inside, so I banged on the window and asked if he was coming in.  He said yes, so I went in.  He took forever to get out of the car.  I kept saying to Charleen I couldn't figure out what was so interesting in the car.  Later I took out a dirty Diaper and found Jaden crying in the car.  He had been locked in.    I didn't realize I had only unlocked my door and not the others when I had come out of the store.  And Jaden didn't know how to unlock the doors, and he doesn't do well with problem solving and didn't realize my door was unlocked and he could come out of it.  I would say he was out there for at least a half hour.
So today I get out of my car at the crosswalk to get my cones.  The car is running, the radio blaring and my phone was on the dashboard.  Well, I must have pushed something because when I got back to the car with my cones, the doors were all locked.  Yikes!  I couldn't believe it.  The 2 neighbors that I know best were not home.  One had just left right before I got my cones.  So I had to go down the street a little to find someone and use their phone.  I didn't have Charleen's number memorized, and Craig was already at work.  So I called a Lock Smith.  Then I remembered Charleen's old number, which is now Holly's number.  So I went back to the guys house and called Holly.  Luckily Holly has put Charleen's new number, Holly's old number on her voice mail.  So I was able to write that down and then call Charleen to bring me the spare key.  Sadly she did not hear my call, or notice that I had left a voice mail.  So I had to wait for the Lock Smith which cost $50.  Yikes!  Luckily they came in about 20 mins so that I didn't run out of gas.  Otherwise I would have had to call a Tow Truck because the van runs on Natural Gas only and you can't just fill up anywhere, or bring a can of it to fill the car up.    What a morning.

No comments: