I will begin with this last Thursday Sept. 11th, 2008. We had Jaden's E.D.I.E Clinic. I don't know what that stands for. We met with a Children's Behavior Psychiatrist, a Nutritionist, and Gastranologist and her assistant. (P.S. this may be a long message, but I will make it shorter). We are starting "PRACTICE" potty time. 3 times a day at the same time everyday. This is just to practice and get his body use to the idea of sitting on the toilet. During this time he gets to listen to Curios George audio books which we downloaded this morning to the iPod. We are also doing a hard cleans of his Colin. This involves drinking a lot of disgusting medicine and tons of liquids. They want Jaden to do these 3 weekends in a row, maintain during the week with other stuff, and then come back in 4 weeks. If this dose not clean him out all the way or if he refuses to do so they will put him in the hospital and run a tub through his nose and clean him out that way.
He will also be tested for Syliacts Disease (I don't have the first clue how to spell that) on Oct. 16th. This will be a fun filled blood test. If it comes back positive they will have to do a Biopsy. They have done some X-rays and I am waiting for those results. This appointment was 3 hours long. Basically I cried to myself almost the whole way home. Side note: It could be all the change of moving to Utah, but we also ate a lot of wheat at Holly’s she did whole wheat everything and that is when the problem was out of control. He would leak 20 times a day and his bottom was bleeding. So that could by another sign to us that he may have syliacts.
Craig watched the kids while I was gone. (Holly had them for a few hours before he got off work). He fell asleep and Lexy was awake. She found some cookies Craig had brought home and a bottle of water. So there were cookies and water all over the top of the table and then some below. She also found some granola bars from our 72 hour kits and ate those, on my bed. There was granola bar crumbs everywhere. ARgh.
Craig and Jaden went to the DEW tour on Friday. Craig had a good time except Jaden complained the whole time and kept asking to go home. I completely missed my afternoon crossing. I had the wrong time. Luckily a police man had driven by and noticed the children trying to cross themselves on a very busy street. So I am in some trouble. Holly and I went to Park City with the kids, minus Jaden, but we didn’t find the deals we were looking for. Anything under 4 or 5 dollars.
Friday night we started the process of medicine. It took 2 ½ hours to get Jaden to take it. He also needed to drink 8 oz. of Liquid with it. He didn’t get all of it, but some. It was awful. He knocked over one of the glasses and spewed out some that he drank. This morning we did a practice sit on the Potty. Low and behold, he ended up Pooping. Hurray! There is hope. However it took another 1 ½ hours to get some of his medicine down. I finally had him stand in the tub and tried to pour it into his mouth. He did finally drink it thou. Only problem is it took so long that now he is late on taking the Mira lax he has to drink a couple of times a day, and he is refusing to drink anything anymore. I hope the mineral oil he has to start taking in pudding will get into him.
On a lighter note. We are set up with Holly’s realtor to go and look at homes. So hopefully that will be enjoyable. It is during Lexy’s nap time. On the 23rd Lexy will be measured for her back brace. I also forgot to go to my checkup, so I need to reschedule that. Okay, I hope I got everything in here.
No comments:
Post a Comment